Manual : V1.1
Water Level Indicator
- Basic theory
Best suitable for Science, Physics, School, Hobby projects and experiments
Age Group : 6 to 15
A great do it yourself science project water level indicator is easy to make and demonstrate. A STEM activity is a great gift idea for young explorers who want to tinker with circuit kits. This science project working model also makes an attractive gift for young kids to spark their interest in science. A smart return gift for future explorers.
- Working models of science projects kits
- Science experiment kit to make water level indicator working model
- DIY kits for school students to make science projects
- Science games, science toys
Water Level Alarm is a simple project to detect and alarm once the water level in Glass or Aquarium reaches at certain level. water act as switch and activate the buzzer.
With the help of this experiment We’re exploring all about electricity science today at Concepts Lab. Did you know you can make a circuit of electricity using a graphite drawing pencil? This might be one of the coolest science activities we’ve shared because the possibilities are endless! just use your imagination!
Components & Its Usage
- Buzzer : To Create sound/Alarm
- Pencil : Conductor
- Battery : Electricity Supply
- Scale : Holder
- Adhesive Tape : to Cover connected wire area.
- Rubber : to tie assembly
What the Ingredients of Pencil Lead?
The pencil is made up of graphite and it is a crystalline form of carbon element.
Nonmetal carbon in the form of graphite is a good conductor of electricity which can Conduct (meaning )
Put the free pencils ends into the water, and don’t let the tips touch. Now for the science! At this point the water becomes part of the circuit. Electrons flow down one pencil, across the water and back into the other pencil. This creates a circuit and electrons flow around it.
How does this Electrical Circuit Work?
Electricity has the ability to flow from one place to another along a path. A circuit is a closed path from one place to another like a loop. We’re creating an electrical circuit with the graphite, Buzzer, and battery.
The graphite acts as a path for the electrical energy. When the battery is placed on the graphite, energy flows from the battery, along the graphite path, through the wires on the buzzer, continuing back to the battery completing the circuit. If the battery is removed, the circuit is broken. This is also true if you remove the buzzer. We use the buzzer to show us the electricity that is flowing along the path.
Before performing this project we will perform three small Experiment
- Battery — Buzzer
- Battery — Pencil — Buzzer
- Battery — Water —
- Battery — Water — Pencil — Buzzer
- Sharp two pencil at both the side
- Attached pencil l with battery
- Connect red wire from battery to buzzer red wire
- Put the buzzer and tie with the help of rubber
- Hook the wire to one side of the pencil and another end to another side of the penciL
- Attached the scale backside and tie with rubber
- Put the assembly in a glass and pour water into that
- As soon as the water reaches to the bottom of the pencil, you will hear sound from the buzzer
Watch the video :
Science Fair Questions & Answers on Pencil Electricity Experiments
- Is the pencil a good conductor of electricity?
- Can electricity pass through lead ?
- Can a pencil sharpened at both ends be used as a conductor?
- Which parts of the pencil are conductors?
Water Level Alarm experiments help to understand the flow of electricity in a non-metallic element like graphite which is made up of graphite that exists in crystalline form. This experiment helps the students to learn the concepts of conductor, insulator.
- The battery should be new and not the drained one
- Hook the wire with top of the pencil tip properly
- Check the connection between buzzer and battery
Note : 1. Parental supervision is needed while working on this Project
2. This Document is prepared under common Creative License, you are free to use, modify this Document .